In the emotionally topsy-turvy world of the heart, Matchmaker Vancouver stands firmly behind a few undeniable tenets.
General Dating Tips
- Surround yourself with people who are just as positive about dating and relationships as you are. Negative friends bring negative energy, and this can lower your self esteem making it harder for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
- Approach dating with specific goals in mind. If it’s marriage you’re looking for, be honest with yourself about your own expectations. If you don’t want anything serious, let your partner know.
- If you’re not connecting with someone, don’t lead them on. It’s better to tell the truth than continue forward with lukewarm feelings. Be diplomatic and courteous, and you will become more confident in general.
- When it comes to picking a good spot, remember that “less crowded, more quiet” is part of a successful first date. Pick somewhere you’re comfortable and confident that you will be able to both see and hear your date.
- BE ON TIME. Making someone wait for you may make them anxious and uncomfortable, and could taint the rest of your date.
- Always be polite. Everyone has something of value to offer, so even if you feel right away that this person is not for you, appear interested until the date is over. It’s a short amount of time and you never know what may come of this meeting.
- Body language can make or break a date. Often we stand or sit in an off-putting way without realizing it. Remain as open as possible. Avoid crossing your arms and appearing closed off; lean in and subtlety mirror your date.
- Tell the truth. Lying about your age or embellishing your income, education or personal stats is a slippery slope. It can be exhausting, and when the truth comes out it’s hard to rebuild trust.